Maria De Rosa, President of Communications MDR, is a well-respected consultant with more than twenty years’ experience in undertaking high-level consulting mandates for both private and public-sector clients in the broadcast, publishing, arts, culture and digital media sectors.
A graduate of Carleton University’s Mass Communication Program at the School of Journalism, throughout her career, Maria has played a key role in the development of policies and programs for the industry and government.
Her years of experience as a senior Director of Corporate Affairs and Communications at Telefilm Canada, as a policy advisor in the Department of Communications in Ottawa, her mandates at CBC Radio and the National Film Board bring considerable public policy analysis and strategic positioning to her consulting practice.
She has worked in association with the SECOR Consulting group, Étude Economique Conseil, Nick Sidor Consultants, and Strategic Inc.
In 2008, Maria De Rosa created MDR-Burgess in collaboration with Dr Marilyn Burgess to provide consulting services to the arts aimed at assisting arts organizations, funders and artists. Members of Arts Consultants Canada, the consultants provide a range of research, analysis and strategic planning services to the arts sector in Canada and internationally.
Communications MDR provides the following services
- Research and economic analysis
- International and national literature reviews, environment scanning and comparative research and analysis
- Stakeholder consultations, facilitation services and communication strategies
- Strategic planning
- Feasibility studies, business plan preparation and market research
- Organizational development
- Program and policy evaluations and development of performance measurement frameworks
- CRTC interventions and regulatory analysis
- Policy and regulatory positioning
- Regional and national development strategies
- Partnerships and financing
Our strength can be attributed to our versatility, depth of knowledge of the various sectors we serve and our ability to draw on a range of skills and knowledge to develop innovative responses for each consulting mandate.